Saturday, May 29, 2010

People who are in relationships with large age gaps

I saw this topic on another site about the daddy/son relationships.  Now don't try to turn this into a pedophile topic.  This is about young men of at least 18 years old who get involved with guys who are at 15 years older than himself, but could be as old as his own biological, step, or adopted dad.  While I'm primarily focussing on the gay male relationship of the daddy/son relationship, some of this could apply to the lesbian mama/daughter relationship, or the straight relationships of the mama/son or daddy/daughter relationships.

I always wanted to know what people think of these type of relationships.  Do some people think they're wrong?  Do some people do this for a sexual fetish?  How about the simple attraction to the maturity to older men?  How about maybe those young men who might not have had a relationship with his own dad, & seeking out someone who they think might resemble the ideal dad.  What makes people seek these type of relationships?  I can tell you that not one person will have the same answer to that one.  There might be similarities as to why young men & older men seek these relationships of some sort.  Does a daddy/son relationship even have to involve being lovers & sex partners?  I don't know the answer to that one.

You have some who seek the sexual side of this.  You also have the type where someone is drawn to another with a large age gap.  Maybe someone (whether it's the much younger guy, the older guy, or both) has had problems relating to people in their own age group.  Maybe a young man who had no relationship at all, or a poor relationship with his own dad might seek out a guy who could be old enough to be his own dad (or just look old enough) for a bonding relationship. 

What would actually make someone be drawn to someone much older or much younger than himself?  I would still like to know that one myself, as each answer will be different.  I can say that for those guys who might be considered a daddy (just because of age, but doesn't necessarily think of himself as one), some probably don't normally think of himself as one, because maybe he doesn't act like one.  He might still at heart be young.  Maybe the few that wouldn't normally pursue someone who could be old enough to be his son is because he might think the young guy might not be attracted to him, and would be surprised if he is.

I still don't know everything about these relationships, but I can tell you from my own experience.  Most of it has been for sex.  I have usually preferred to be involved with guys much older than myself because from years past, guys closer to my own age have usually avoided me & usually sought out guys much older than myself.  Most of those guys have been in their 40's & 50's.  At my age of 36, I'm slowly being considered a daddy myself, though I don't feel like I look like one, nor do I act like one.  Those older than myself have have actually been there for me more than those closer to my own age.  Many younger than myself have usually never liked me.  That's I'm usually hesitant to be involved with someone younger than myself, though I won't rule it out.  I also could say that I've sought father figure guys because I didn't have much of a relationship with my own dad.  The primary reason I didn't have much of a relationship with my own dad was because he was an over the road Truck Driver.  So he was gone during the week and some weekends as well.  I have encountered a guy who was hesitant I wasn't interested in him because of his age.  Despite that he's in his 50's, in my mind, he was still a handsone looking guy.  I can say though that as long as both guys are adult age, that it isn't necessarily wrong to be in these type of relationships.  You just have to know what you're looking for.

Will I pursue a long-term relationship with a daddy?  That's hard to say if I'll be involved in a daddy/son relationship.  I do believe that the next guy I'm with will be older than myself.  If he is of the daddy type, that I don't want to have him always expecting me to call him daddy.  That's just kinky.  I would just pursue him for the maturity and experience, and for love (not an easy word for me to use since I don't seem to feel it most of the time).  Now this is just me, but if he has children, then I would have to take a pass on pursuing him.  Why must you ask?  I first of all don't want any children of my own & don't want to be involved with someone who has any.  I don't want his own children to be look at me as their own dad.  Also, any children he has, I'm worried that either his own son or myself (maybe both of us) might make a move on each other.  That is something I don't want to risk.  Most gay men I've encountered who have children have had gay children.  I consider it worse if his son is closer to my own age, and if his own son shows interest in me.  So I don't want to be involved with a parent on a relationship level.  In a case like that, a gay parent should be involved with someone closer to his own age to prevent his own son from possibly showing interest in his dad's lover.  I'm not a person who would make a parent sacrifice his own adult children to be with me (like some guys might want).  If a guy that's considered a daddy in the form of maturity & is a parent, I'm the one who will sacrifice to make sure that the guy stays involved with his own children.  Children always come first for parents.  While I don't know what I'm exactly looking for in a potential mate, but a guy who is a parent is out of the question.  It's my problem if he is one, but I do know I'm not looking for guys who are parents.  I'll only pursue them for booty calls and just friendships (not lovers).  But I still won't rule out being in a daddy/son relationship if it happens, just as long as he isn't a parent.  

The internet helps those of us who like the large age difference to meet up with them.  I don't know all the websites out there, but I do know of daddyhunt being one of those sites that caters to daddy/son relationships & daddy/son booty calls.

That's all for now.  If there's anything I left out, please make a comment on it.  I don't fully understand this topic.

Note to Law Enforcement:  This blog has nothing to do with pedophilia.  I don't condone pedophilia.  I'm not into minors and that IS NOT WHAT THIS BLOG IS ABOUT!  It is about guys who are at least 18 years old who desire to be with guys much older than himself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment