Monday, April 6, 2009

A Quick Update On The Job

I thought I would add a quick update on the job. So far, nothing new has been heard from about who got the job. A lot of women put in for the job, and many learned what the job consisted of, and backed out. My co-worker, Terri, was one of the ladies that backed out. When she learned what the job consisted of, she didn't want the job. She doesn't do her current job that well on nights.The only reason she is in my department, had to do with cutting back the number of team leaders per shift. She is still paid team leader rate, just in case a team leader position opened up, to where she could go back to being a team leader. Had she pursued the warehouse job further, and was offered the job, then she would have had to take a 50¢ an hour pay cut to be a warehouse associate again (by choice).

Then a lady named Linda put in for the job. Patrick (a material handler) told me that she couldn't handle being in pack & label, due to her health problems. I would only hope Dick doesn't consider her, just for the fact that the job requires lifting as much as 60lbs. at a time. She has trouble with 30lbs.

Another lady named Cindy T. (not to get confused with Cindy M. in my dept.) also put in for the job. I don't think she could do the job either, just because she doesn't like to lift a lot either.

Then there's Patrick, the material handler. He works as a material handler, and lifts 50lb bags from time to time, and wheel over barrels of material. He also has prior shipping & receiving experience from another company in Lowell, that this position would go in his favor. He would also get a 25¢ an hour pay increase if he gets it, since his job is just below mine.

Then there's a temp in my dept., named Don. I don't know if Dick is considering him, but he is the most experienced out of anyone at the job (including myself). He already knows how to do the job, whereas everyone else would need some training (including myself, who only knows bits of the job). So if Dick offered it to anyone other than Patrick or me, then Don should get the job.

I heard a couple of other ladies put in for it, named Kim (pack & label) & Nelly (that's her real name, and is a processor). Kim could deal with weight issue, but her attitude wouldn't be tolerated, that I believe is held against her. Nelly would be crazy to take the job, as her current job pays a lot more than mine does. She makes at least $13.00 an hour. If she ever did put in for the job, Dick interviewed her, and got the job, then she would be taking a serious pay cut. Her position is on a different pay scale, and the possible pay cut would be a lot bigger.

I have yet to be interviewed for the job, and not sure if Dick will interview me. I won't be totally disappointed if I'm not offered the job, because I really would prefer to work in shipping pulling orders. I put in for it to try & get onto 1st shift. I'm thinking that something else might be happening for me. I don't know what it could be, but I keep having these weird dreams about living somewhere else, but not working either. I don't know, and I don't want to speculate on that one. I just know that if anyone really deserves the job; it would be Don. I would be a hypocrite if I thought I should get the job, just because I'm an employee. Dick had the rules bent in order to get me hired in over any employee there in 2007. If Don wants the job if offered to him, then I'd be alright with it. Like I said, I'd rather be in shipping. I believe something else will happen for me outside of the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment