Saturday, May 2, 2009

Got the Receiving job.

I was surprised when I showed up at work yesterday, May 1st, that I got the receiving job. Dick said that he was gonna interview me after interviewing 1 other person. He never interviewed me for the receiving job. I believe the reason he picked me over the other 2 was because of experience. I've been in the department for 5 1/2 years (2 years 2 months as an employee), and know parts of the job. I took the job to get on days, but would have preferred to be in Shipping on days. That won't happen anytime soon, due to 4 ladies not planning to leave anytime soon (Beth, Eva, Deb, & Dawn).

My job will be involving receiving deliveries from freight carriers, and from our Mexico plant. I'll also be pulling orders for parts to be assembled for our Mexico plant too. I'll even be putting away stock that comes in from Mexico & from deliveries made by freight carriers. I get trained Monday morning by my co-worker, Delfina. I just hope I can deal with her on a regular basis.
Even though I got the job, I still believe something else will be happening for me outside of the company that will be good for me. I still can't pinpoint it, but whatever it is, it isn't where I work at.

It's sad that my new found luck came at the expense of my former drunk co-worker, named Chris. He refused to seek help for his alcoholism, that he lost his job after being with the company for nearly 9 years. He has the nerve to even call up to get info on who's got the job. He doesn't know yet, but will sometime soon, and be pissed. At least I'll do a better job than he did. At least I'm sober.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment